Mr Al’Amin Yakubu, Head, Emergency Response Team of the community disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Jos.
Yakubu said though no life was lost, the flood had destroyed properties and washed away valuables.
“The flood didn’t claim lives, but because it was huge, it displaced over 200 households.
“These households have lost all their properties and are left with nothing,” he said.
He said that the displaced persons were currently staying with neighbours, as no camp had been put in place for them.
Yakubu described the condition of the displaced persons as pathetic, adding that access to food, shelter and clothing is already becoming serious challenge for them.
“As a community, we don’t have the capacity and resources to camp these people; we would have done that pending when government will intervene.
“But we have contacted the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), and both have promised to respond soon,” he said.
Efforts to reach Alhaji Alhassan Barde, SEMA Executive Director, proved abortive, but a senior staff of the agency who prefers anonymity confirmed the incident to NAN.
He said that the agency had already sent its personnel to the affected community to assess the level of damage.